A lot of people think that it’s perfectly ok, but it’s from multiple aspects wrong.
As a matter of fact so many people do it, I think copying someone else’s tattoo is viewed as a normal thing.
Let’s try and find the reasons why someone would copy a tattoo in a first place?!
- Because when they see finished work, they can imagine how it will look on them.
- Because they don’t have their own ideas.
- Because they can relate to those people.
- Because they like them and they’re pretty.
Person who has an original tattoo is a person who made an effort.
Has thought well and hard on what they want.
Has used their creativity.
Has found a tattoo artist who will design for you and will tattoo you.
Has spent time to carry out the idea.
Reasons why copying is bad:
- Tattoo should be a reflection of your character.
- Tattoo should have your own meaning.
- Tattoo should carry your memories.
- Tattoo should bring forth your emotions.
- If you take someone else’s tattoo, you take all of the above and force your character into someone else’s work.
- If you really like the idea, ok, find a tattoo artist who will accomplish that idea in a way unique to you.
- If you’ve gone an extra step and viewed the problem from another angle, keep reading and you’ll find the answer to your problem.
Another saying goes:
ORIGINAL IS ORIGINAL, ALL OTHER ARE COPIES.
BAD ORIGINAL IS BETTER THAN A GOOD COPY.